TRAINING FOR TRAINERS WORKSHOP (2-DAY)
Suicide Prevention is everyone’s business and suicide prevention training is a valuable resource.
- Program Review and Review of, and how to use the Training Materials
- Community Readiness Action Plans
- Step-by-step implementation strategies
- How to identify and organize trainings and training needs
- How to talk to schools and overcome fears and objections
- Liability – Policies and Procedures for schools
- How to find funding to start/sustain community programs
- Postvention: the need for active prevention after a suicide
- Suicide Prevention Trainings
- 2 hour training of each, the Adult and Youth/Teen trainings
- Review of the materials used
- How to give the trainings (practice session included)
- Review of who and how people can be trained
- Review of Objectives for each training
- Review of the Children’s Program
- Who trains the adults in the school
- Who trains the children in the school
- Youth are encouraged to attend the 2 day workshop
- Empowers teens to Be A Link!® for suicide prevention and how to Be A Leader! in community efforts. Including peer leaders in cross-age training is an effective method to educate youth. This increases local capacity and sustainability for on-going training and community readiness. Communities have found that having youth trainers validates the importance of the topic among their peers, increases participation and promotes help seeking actions.
- Youth express desire to be more involved with suicide prevention efforts in their communities; to be more than just a recipient of help, they want to help and be part of the solution.
Yellow Ribbon Standards for Safe and Effective Messaging for training programs
- Emphasize help-seeking behavior
- Teach Warning Signs, Risk and Protective Factors
- Teach about, and Identify, Resources
- Include appropriate Support Personnel (i.e. counselors, specialists, faith leaders, etc.)
- Don’t present descriptions of methods of suicide
- Don’t glorify or romanticize suicide
To learn more about our Training Programs or about communities that have existing Yellow Ribbon Programs, please contact us at email@example.com.